- Dieser Artikel enthält Werbung & Werbelinks. -
- This post contains ads and affiliate-links. -
Singapore is almost in the middle of the flight from Munich to Auckland. Therefore we decided to make the necessary stop in Singapore before our trip to New Zealand. On the outward flight the stop was only two hours, because we wanted to arrive quickly at our destination. The trip to New Zealand is long enough. On the return flight we stayed longer in the metropolis. To experience Singapore in 24 hours is possible without rushing through the streets stressed.
We arrived in Singapore late in the afternoon, so we had the whole evening at our disposal, and the whole next day until the evening. Fortunately, we didn’t lose any time when we arrived with customs etc. This went quickly. The airport is centrally located, which is why also little time was lost during the drive to the hotel. For one night we stayed overnight in the Hotel Boss. This was included in the airfare. As it had a great pool, we could jump in a few hours before the drive to the airport and enjoy a last cool down.
Singapore in 24 hours: What we have seen
- 1 Altitude
- St. Andrew’s Cathedral
- Little India
- Gardens by the Bay inklusive. Cloud Forest, Flower Dome and OCBC Skywalk
- Marina Bay Sands and The Shoppes
- Olympic Walk
- Activities in cooler locations: If you experience Singapore in midsummer, these tropical temperatures should not bother you. The extremely high humidity and temperatures are exhausting in the long run. Therefore, it is good to plan some activities in between that take place in air-conditioned locations. These include Marina Bay Sands and The Shops. You can relax wonderfully from the heat with a shopping tour. A visit to Gardens by the Bay provides a pleasant cool-down. Especially the two domes Flower Dome and Cloud Forest are with 25°C much more pleasant than the outside temperature.
- Orchard Road: For those who want to shop even more
- Changi Airport: Even at the airport you can experience a lot if it is only a short stopover.
- 1 Altitude: Especially in the evening, one has a wonderful view over the whole city on the highest building of Singapore.
Singapore in 24 hours: Currency
Do I have to change money for Singapore? Yes, we talked to a lot of people who had already been to the metropole and everyone said that we could pay everything locally with a card. That was also the case. Singapore is progressive in that regard. The only thing we couldn’t pay with a VISA card was the public transport tickets. With a Master Card this would have worked. So if you have a Master Card, you can pay for everything without cash.
Singapore in 24 hours: Public Transportation
The public transportation in Singapore is great for tourists. Everything is easy to understand and you almost can’t get lost. As the metro is very busy, one rarely has to wait a long time. We decided for a two day ticket with which we could go everywhere.
Of course it is not possible to experience a metropole completely in such short time. However, one gets a good impression and gets to know the city of Singapore a bit.