- Dieser Artikel enthält Werbung & Werbelinks. -
- This post contains ads and affiliate-links. -
The ideal picture of the summer is for many sun, beach and sea. But that does not always have to be. A road trip through Switzerland can be a welcome change from Italy, France or Spain. The summer holiday does not have to be a trip far away, the summer in Europe is at least as beautiful as, for example, in the Seychelles. After a long time I discovered Switzerland again for myself. Switzerland has more to offer than just skiing and chocolate.
Weekend trip Switzerland
Munich ➔ Chur ➔ Pany ➔ Walensee ➔ Zurich ➔ Lindau on Lake Constance➔ Munich
Our beautiful route through Switzerland by car was a great change from everyday life in just two days. Of course, two days are already very short for a trip through Switzerland by car, but it was worth it.
Started in Munich, it went on to Chur. The city in the canton of Grisons is very snug and a typical Swiss idyll, as you imagine. A city that I think is clearly underestimated.
Top 5 Sights, which one must see in Chur
- Graubünden Art Museum
- Bernina Express
- Cathedral of the Assumption
- Martin Church
After Chur our beautiful route through Switzerland led us to an insider tip, which I found on Instagram.
The swimming pool in Pany. A place that is hidden as if it would not be found. The pool was a dream and this view the cherry on the cream cake (we would have eaten there). As usual for Switzerland, admission was not cheap, but it was fine for a day’s stay (admission CHF 7). We will definitely be back and spend a full day there.
After the picturesque landscape in the east of Switzerland, the road trip took us past the breathtaking Walensee. The journey through Switzerland always leads past places and places that were not on the list before. The Swiss highlight of our short trip was Zurich. About ten years ago, I was last in Züri. The most populous city in Switzerland has much to offer.
Incidentally, the best pizza in Zurich can be found at Rosso on the Hardbrücke.
Top 5 sights in Zurich
- Lake Zurich
- Zurich Opera House
Tips for the road trip through Switzerland
- Buy vignettes for Austria and Switzerland before the trip starts (for example at ADAC). This saves time at the last rest area, which is crowded, especially at peak times on weekends.
- Find out in advance about the speed and other rules when driving in Switzerland.
- An exchange from EUR to CHF is not necessary. As a rule, card payment is possible everywhere. Often there is also the possibility to pay with EUR.
- Take food and drinks from home. This saves you time and money at gas stations or the like.
- Tips for booking a vacation can be found here
The last stop we made in Lindau on Lake Constance. Back in Germany we enjoyed again a cheaper dinner at the harbor. The delicious seafood was the perfect end to us before we went back to Munich.